Followers

Monday, October 20, 2014

The Dotson will be returning soon.



Hello Everyone. 

I do miss blogging so let me share with you what going on in Dotsville. My dolls, yes ALL my dolls are not happy to be cramped on one shelf and placed back in a box. Scarlet and her buddies DO NOT like for their feet to be sat when someone sit invades there space.
My nephew is here from Detroit. I think Charlotte is going to be good for him. My son was not to keen on it but he understands. In order to keep the blessing coming you have to help and give back. So that is what were are doing. Yes, this little apartment is cramped but we are making it work. I just know my dolls hate it and I feel for them.


My nephew is no problem but now we have the task of de-programming him. He has stable work history and a good resume, completed his training in pharmacy tech and looking to continue his education in that field. So he is off to a good start. He has been applying for job and hopefully will land something even if it is for the holiday. We reached out to the hospital for a volunteer application that he needs to complete so he can hopefully intern at the pharmacy so that good. Here he will have a fresh start so my problem is reiterating to let the folks in Detroit go. I read in my Daily Word that you can't move forward if you keep looking back. This all came about abruptly (funds were tight for me) and Mr. President was gladly to assist so we are thankful for that BUT if you don't have a support system where you were coming from why should you still keep in touch with them? I will make sure he continues to go forward but it going to be a bitch for him to stop looking back. He knows me and Chris like the peace in quietness of Charlotte and we keep communications to a minimum with family members. I learned along time ago people will always tell you some crap but will never tell you valuable information. Always this and that but when you need help to or need to get to a job interview, it always something else. Relying on the bus system in Detroit make is very daunting to get around and here it will be a little easier.


He understand the house rules and he will understand it also cost to be here. I can already see the water bill and food being affected I just pray my son doesn't flip out that much, lol.


I will be back soon and I am open to all advice and prayers too! It's a small storm but God will make sure we get through this one as well.

Have a great week everyone!


14 comments:

  1. I knew Ms. Scarlet came from good people. You have confirmed that ;-)

    The Dotsville folks are good people, too. So they'll understand. I hope all goes well with your nephew, and that the Dotsville folk return to the blogosphere. Soon ... best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When I look at me dolls they are kinda spewed here and there and are not feeling me at all. They used to have room to fall down or lean over and get noticed, lol.

      Delete
  2. You hope your nephew appreciates your large, loving heart. Best of luck to him in his job search!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know once he find work he will feel a little better about himself. He needs to re-kindle his dreams and aspirations. I told him to write a letter to God and to ask him for help in preparing and accomplishing his goals. Worked for me, worked for my son so I know it will work for him too.

      Delete
  3. I am confident in your ability to be a blessing to this young man. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your blessing. I just glad my son didn't flip out to much, after all this is his home and asking him to open the doors and make room was not easy for me. I was making plans to move on but I guess God decided I needed to handle this and so I shall.

      Delete
  4. Wow, your nephew is a lucky man! Things in Detroit are pretty rough right now for anyone living in the area.I used to work in downtown Detroit when it was a bustling, growing city. However, if you got a little outside of the "good" areas, you could see all kinds of urban blight. And I know it has deteriorated even more.

    I hope your nephew appreciates what you are doing for him and is able to make a turn-a-round in his life. You have a very big heart, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my city but it really a challenge to work there. I feel bad sometimes because everyone is surrounded by so much negativity and that's why me and my son keep the communication to a minimum. We just can't handle it. When we call and check on everyone it always something bad and when you share some good news then the response is bad. My nephew has been working on the building blocks but everyone seems to want to knock him down and I just can't have that. Even my mother think he should be working somewhere, doing something but she won't even take him to work if he needed a ride so we just removed from the environment. God brought him to us so he is going to open the doors up for him and it going to be amazing.

      Delete
  5. Hey Brini, your nephew is lucky to have you, you are such a caring and positive person, I'm sure he will appreciate everything you do for him. Your dollies will understand that something important came up, and we will all be waiting here for you to post about your great dolls again, take your time! I also wish your nephew all the luck to find a job that suits him! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure my Dollie understand, lol. They are so used to having there own space. I'm telling your Scarlet is not having it. Now she force to take a nap when someone wants to sit in the chair her and Isabella occupy. My nephew will be ok once he find a job, get his baring and learn the city. He really does want to go back to school to be a pharmacist so he off to a good start.

      Delete
  6. Hi Brini, I'm glad that you checked in. How generous of you to help your nephew to get a fresh start. He does sound like he has a lot going for him. I wish you all the best and you all certainly have my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he has been working and going to school he just wants to finish. He feels like he is behind and he really isn't. It is a feeling that will pass. He will find a job soon and my son already told him we will make sure he gets there. After all if you want to eat then you have to work. After all God knows what he doing so we need to do it.

      Delete
  7. Hello from Spain: I hope everything goes well with your nephew. I wish that you come back to Dotsville soon. I miss your blog. You're very good with your nephew. I pray for him. Hopefully he finds a job soon. I'll be waiting for your return. Kisses. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's so lucky to have you guys! I'm sure everything will work out for all of you. Here's hoping your dolls will understand. LOL!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete