Followers

Sunday, February 26, 2017

What's been going on in Dotsville

Image result for What's been going on
I believe I will start with me. This has been my best friend for the last month.
Late last year my foot started bothering me and of course being a child of a Marine (tough it up, wrap it up, keep it moving, lol), you know I figured I keep my weight off it. Do some foot rotations and use a compression sock and make sure to get me heel supports. Well turns out, I injured my Achilles Tendon and what I was doing was no longer working.  When Dr. McDonald did his examine and I SLIDE DOWN his examine chair! I felt the pain from my toes to my brain! After the visit I ended up with this brace. It supports the arch, heel, tendon and ankle, it has made my days better. I still feel some discomfort when I'm walking up and down stairs but not where I have to take one at a time like before. I am thankful that I am no longer waking up in pain and scooting down the steps too. I will have to wear this for the next two months and I don't mind as long as it heels. 

We have three or four new families in Dotsville too. Chandra's sister-in-law arrived with her family, "Camilla" and "Ramsey" are out their box. The others have yet revealed their names to me, lol. Rita and Rhett would like a new house so I'll be getting my Muff and Froggy on, especially since I won't be moving around to much. 

So I'm sitting here working an a wardrobe for the fellas, since the have limited clothes. I need to work on some tops, pants and some shorts. I know my fellas will appreciate. 


I loved playing with Barbies - that's why I didn't stop! - Brad Goreski


17 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry to hear you have been in pain. I know that sometimes it seems better to just push through it and move on, but pain is there for a reason! Glad you went to the Dr. and got it taken care of. Here's to fast healing and getting you back up on your feet (literally!). 🤕🤕🎈🎈👟👟 (I ❤ emoji's)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing much better than before. Now when I see athletics wince in pain I know exactly what they are feeling!

      Delete
  2. I always think we are put in a position to stay put for a reason. I hope you find yours. Looking forward to what creativity comes out of this. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that too. I have some knitting to do in between the sewing. So it is my time to sit still.

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear from you and that you're on the mend. Dolls are just the right thing to keep the spirits up while your foot gets better! Looking forward to seeing the new members of your doll family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My new families are ready to meet everyone too. They are upset because they are still in their boxes and giving me the evil eye, lol.

      Delete
  4. Hello! Too bad that you hurt your foot. But at least you can stay home and work on your doll stuff.

    Hope you recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the well wishes. I am working on a house for one of my families. I'm just stuck on the design. I want to make as much as possible with the items I have on hand.

      Delete
  5. Hope you feel better! The last six months have not been good for a lot of people I know and their health. We all need to take better care of ourselves! "A doll a day keeps depression away!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I look at a different doll everyday to keep me inspired. I think if I went 6-8 months ago, I might not of had to have the brace, but now I know, lol.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about your foot. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was hoping for a speedy recovery but it not going to happen that way. I just want to wear different shoes, not heals but different shoes, lol.

      Delete
  7. Oh no. Sorry to hear about your injury and the pain. So glad you went to the doctor. Pain ain't no joke. If the Aleve and the Tylenols aren't working, it's usually something very serious. It has been a tough two months healthwise for a lot of people. Even my neighbor who walks everyday with his wife and son, and who eats very healthily, needed heart surgery this year. So crazy. You take care of that leg and let it heal properly. Can't wait to see the new family members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be something in the water! Like you neighbor I miss my walks and if I try and push myself and walk longer or take all the stairs, there is a sharp pain that shoots up my leg so quick my brain immediately shuts me down.

      Delete
  8. I hope things get better soon. But the bright side is you can work on more dolly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that you have the brace and painkillers to ease your discomfort. Hope it mends soon.

    Look forward to seeing what doll crafts and stories you share.

    Take care ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally feel well enough to catch up with blogging. Really sorry about your leg. Hope it is much better now, than when you posted. :*

    ReplyDelete