Followers

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

World Doll Day Tag

Before I start doing some sewing today I wanted to respond to the tag "invite" I was graciously honored to participate in from Phyllis of A Day in the Life of my Dolls and Jewell over at Doll-Lightful.  The event took place on Sunday, June 14, 2015 and you can learn about it more here.

All you need to do is:
A - List 3 favorite dolls from the ones you got last year.
B - List 3 dolls currently on your wish list.
C - Tag 5 people to do the same.

Would you believe I did not purchase any new doll last year. That right folks, not one. I opted to buy a new Singer Serger instead. One did get away so hopefully I will luck up and find her again. After all the hunt is always worth it.

My wish list is a different story all together. I hope to have these three cuties sometime this year. First up we have this beauty below.
She is Mattel's AA Little Red Dress Silktone Barbie and she reminds me of my grandmother when she would get dressed. Simply elegant. I can't wait to welcome her here to Dotsville. She will be named after my late grandmother Mrs. Emma McKiever.

Next up will be my first 18" doll. Whom I should of relocated to Dotsville when I first saw her but I could not figure out how to sneak her in the apartment without my son seeing her, lol. He says the dolls are taking over but they really aren't. It his Sideshow Collectibles that's everywhere!  Ok, let me digress.... On so here is My Life As a School Girl, AA version. She is so cute and she reminds of my son when he first started wearing glasses, just too cute. I like the American Girl dolls but this little cutie wants to live here with the rest of her "sister" so she will be coming home----soon. She was and could be available at Walmart sooooo......yeah...she might be moving in by Saturday, lol. My son middle name is Larue so her name will be Lauren when she arrives. 
My Life As School Girl 18" Doll, African American
Ok everyone you know how jealous I am of  Mrs. DBG collection aaannnndddd I try not to be enabled BUT it happens! I was minding my own business and clicked on this cutie and she said she wanted to relocate to Dotsville. I mean she really spoke to me! We can't ignore them right? I mean when the dolls look in our eyes and say "Take Me Home" we have to do it right? Pray for me....

This is Jordyn by Monika Levenig and just look at those eyes. See how she is saying, "Hi Brini, I'm waiting to meet my sister Scarlet and Isabella Mayte." I let one of her dolls get away from me but I don't  think this one will. I love everything about her. She does come in a brunette version as well.

So yes, those are my three I will definitely have this year. I have a few other but these are the top three hands down. 

Now for the five individuals I like to tag and celebrate the occasion and share their collection.....
1. All4Barbie  -  Marta
2. Limbe Dolls  - Paulette
3. Revenge off the Toy Box - JSarie
4. Duke of Swann - Daniel
5. I Luv Dolls - Ms. Leo

Enjoy the rest of the week Everyone!

22 comments:

  1. A year without new dolls! I admire your restraint with that.
    All three of your wish list dolls are gorgeous, but I especially love the hair on the 18" doll - adorable!

    And thanks for the tag - I'll get on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think the pink streaks showcase her eyes. I really should of brought her back. I figure this time I'm just going to tell my son I forget I had her. I place her in the big Wonder Women box when we were working on donations. He might fall for it then again he might not.

      Delete
  2. I'm still reeling from, "I did not purchase any new dolls last year." What?! You have my admiration, too. Love your wish list dolls and that last one is too precious for words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jewell, isn't that crazy!! But I did it and yes, I will be making it for it too, lol.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    Impressive that you in a hole year, not have bought a doll, I could learn something here. Your Barbie in her red dress is wonderfully beautiful and elegant, and the last one is so adorable sweet.
    hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    Impressive that you in a hole year, not have bought a doll, I could learn something here. Your Barbie in her red dress is wonderfully beautiful and elegant, and the last one is so adorable sweet.
    hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how much I love your blog! It's something about seeing her in red and the little pill box hat that is so Jackie O.

      Delete
  5. Hi Brini, a great list! The Silkstone Barbie is gorgeous, so elegant! I like the two other girls too, who can resist those sweet faces? And you have amazing willpower, not having bought any dolls last year! I hope the new ladies will arrive soon :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am hoping to have them soon. I really do deserve them and they really do need to live here.

      Delete
  6. Wow, Brini, I am impressed! No doll purchases for a year! Amazing! I don't know how you did it. You deserve to get your wishlist dolls ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, these three need to be here right now, lol.

      Delete
  7. I agree wi all of your choices! I have a feeling you are going to make for the no doll shopping diet. You still have 6 months left!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so true, so true. Once I obtain these three, well there are at least 15 more to obtain.

      Delete
  8. I have too big of a doll addiction to go a full year without buying a single doll (even though I don't need any more). So I admire your discipline! I LOVE Jordan. She is irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, my addiction is alive and kicking. I just contained it and so you know my wish list is hug, lol.

      Delete
  9. You are my hero for not buying any dolls last year. I agree those last two dolls have eyes that will suck a person in every time. At least we know they will have a great home once they get to Dotsville.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I decided on getting a new serger it was easy to forgo the dolls. I hope to get all of them soon and then pray I can obtain on of those AA Midas Touch Poppy and Anthony Julian from the Jem and the Hologram Collection.

      Delete
  10. A whole year without new dolls...wow!!!
    The little red dress Barbie is wonderful! This year 's silkstone arte stunning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have all this fabric over here I have to sew up and it was only fitting I get a new serger to help too, At least that's what I tell myself, lol. Mattel never seems to get the silkies wrong.

      Delete
  11. You have a terrific list of dolls to hunt for. I love your Grandmother's name. So gentle and romantic. It's a perfect doll name. Happy hunting! And may you get great deals on them too! ;)
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Trust me my wish list is so full this year I hope to get them all.

      Delete
  12. Hello from Spain: you are very brave. A year without buying dolls. This year I bought several fashionistas. I can not control my purchases. Thank you for nominating me to Tag.We keep in touch

    ReplyDelete